When your conscience conflicts with the law, which should you obey?
Pleas read upload additional materials before start writing, according to the requirement to complete the order.
ENGL 1113: English Composition I
For this assignment, you are to construct an argument that takes an arguable/defendable position
on one of the following topics. While this assignment is significantly shorter than Essay 4, your
essay should be built upon a solid claim and present supporting evidence.
You may write about any of the following:
• Should you share bad information with a friend? Why or why not?
• When your conscience conflicts with the law, which should you obey?
• If someone gives you something and you later find out that it’s worth a lot of money, do
you have a moral obligation to give it back?
• Is it ever right to lie for a greater good?
Your essay should display the following qualities:
• Organization – a clear and logical organization of ideas
• Development – your ideas and paragraphs should be thoroughly developed
• Coherence – your writing should be clear and easily understood
• Unity – all ideas should be connected to one another and the main idea
• Grammar – you should use proper grammar in this essay and avoid common grammatical
• Spelling – proofread and revise to ensure that there are no misspelled words in your essay
Additionally, your essay should contain the following parts:
• An introduction that introduces the subject, gives sufficient background for a discussion
of the subject, and states a claim that is both arguable and defendable
• A body that is focused and organized, developing and supporting the overall claim
• A conclusion that reiterates the claim and brings the essay to completion
• MLA Format
• 12-point font (Times New Roman)
• 1.5-2 pages
• You are not required to use outside sources in this essay. If you do, however, you are
required to quote and cite according to MLA rules.