1. Write a seven-page essay plus a Works Cited page.
2. Follow MLA format and double spacing. See the sample research paper (Cooley 607). MLA documentation (593-606).
3. Include four to eight sources: from journals, books, magazines, newspapers, and scholarly websites.
4. For the Works Cited page, easybib.com and bibme.com are helpful resources for auto-citations.
5. Research the assigned topic–do not deviate from the assigned topic.
6. Carefully cite source of information for direct quotes and paraphrases.
7. Do original research. Do not quote from Wikipedia. It is not a usable source.