Summit Elementary School is a new school that will open in the fall. Summit will serve approximately 500 low income students living in the inner city. The student body will consist mostly of African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, and American Indians. Because of your extensive coursework and experience with diverse populations, you have been asked to create a small handbook for incoming teachers and mental health professionals with important information such family influences, religion, cultural characteristics, gender roles, socioeconomic status, language and communication, current issues, and best practices for working with these groups.
The text and the assigned articles are the primary sources for this project. Remember to review all course material as this is a comprehensive Assignment. Additionally, you should use at least 2 other research articles from peer-reviewed journals that you found in the Kaplan Library. This project should be between 6-8 pages in length not including the title page and the reference page. The project should be written in essay form. You are required to give credit to the sources you use, and use proper APA formatting. Refer to the APA Quick Reference for help with APA, the Kaplan Writing Center or your instructor. Remember that all work must be your own and plagiarism is not tolerated. Be sure to review the plagiarism policy in your Syllabus.
Submitting your Assignment
Save your assignment in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 9: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your assignment.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted assignment.