Click here to get an A+ paper at a Discount
Address the following items as a part of your analysis:
· Evaluate the influence of diversity on psychology’s major concepts.
By diversity, I mean how psychology as a field has many subdisciplines with “diverse” areas of inquiry, such as biopsychology and organizational psychology. We’re not referring to any particular area which may focus on diversity issues such as multiculturalism.
· Identify and briefly describe two examples of subdisciplines within psychology, and two examples of subtopics of those subdisciplines (only one subtopic per subdiscipline).
Examples of subdisciplines (or major concepts) and their subtopics include the following:
Motivation: theory of emotion, and approach and avoidance
Behaviorism: aggression, cheating, and binge drinking
Cognition: cognitive dissonance and false memories
· How can the subdisciplines or subtopics you identified be applied to other disciplines and venues in contemporary society in areas outside of psychology?
For example, you could explain how psychology could be used in education to help elementary school teachers keep children on task. Or, you could explain how psychology could be applied in marketing to improve a person’s perception of a product?
· How do the subdisciplines and subtopics compare to your personal theoretical perspective.
Discuss which subdisciplines and subtopics are in agreement or similar to your theoretical perspective. How is your perspective different, if it is?
· Finally, discuss your contribution to society in the areas of work, education, health, and leisure (current or future) as a result of your education in psychology.
· One peer-reviewed resource should be cited in the body and referenced in an APA format references page.
· An introduction and conclusion should be included which each explicitly identify the key elements the paper covers. Key elements should not be introduced in the conclusion.
Paste your Certificate of Originality (COO) at the end of your paper if possible (it doesn’t work for all versions). Otherwise, submit it separately.