Politics and Warfare
Please choose ONE prompt for this essay
1. Explain how the security dilemma logic explains major power behavior in WW1
2. Provide a structural explanation of any major powers behavior in WW1
3. Why did the assassination of Franz Ferdinand present Austria with a survival threat?
4. Provide a structural explanation of Europes long cycle of war
5. Explain the role of combat compliance in explaining the outcome of war
***PLEASE USE ONLY THESE RESOURCES***
1. Fromkin, David. Europes Last Summer: Who Started the Great War in 1914? Vintage Books. 2005
2. Andrade, Tonio. The Gunpowder Age: China, Military Innovation, and the Rise of the West in World History. Princeton University Press. 2016.
3. Kindsvatter, Peter S. American Soldiers: ground combat in the World Wars, Korea, and Vietnam. University Press of Kansas. 2003.
4. Lecture notes
Format. Use standard formatting (points will be deducted otherwise):
No more than 1 inch of space dedicated to title and header (you only need to include title
of the prompt that you are responding to in the title/header),
No extraneous space between paragraphs or headers.
Citation. Cite lecture and readings where appropriate (points will be deducted otherwise):
Include a bibliography page at the end of your paper
Include in-text citations throughout the paper
You may use any standard citation style, (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.),
Please do not use outside sources