Click here to get an A+ paper at a Discount
1. Find one direct quote from the article that could add to your discussion and/or opinion of the article. Part 3 of the assignment will provide information on proper citation.
2. After reading the article, synthesize and summarize the article, using your critical thinking skills.
3. In one paragraph, describe the major points of the article, and also give your opinion of it. When discussing your opinion, include some or all of the following:
a. Do you agree with the major premise of the article? Why?
b. What do you think are the pros and cons of the article?
c. Do you think the article is applicable to you?
d. Can you relate your opinion of the article back to what you read in the textbook or other literature, or what has come up in class discussions?
4. Attach this write-up to part 3 (Proper Citation).
Part 3: Proper Citation
As discussed in the plagiarism review, proper citation is essential. The last part of this assignment is meant to reinforce the citation process.
1. Watch the APA tutorial provided in the library’s website (http://www.umuc.edu/library/tutorials/apa/apa.shtml).
2. Review your article once again.
3. As required in part 2, find one direct quote from the article that could add to your discussion and/or opinion of the article.
4. Incorporate the quote into your paragraph. As noted in the UMUC library web pages (http://www.umuc.edu/library/guides/apa.shtml#academicjournals), there are several ways to cite within your discussion.
5. Below your paragraph, hit Enter three times.
6. Center and type the word “References.”
7. Provide the citation of the article in APA format.