Review the chapter 16 closing case: Avon Call on Foreign Markets. Fully answer at least two of the six questions at the end of the case:
- The chapter describes different marketing orientations. Discuss the applicability of each to Avon’s international operations.
- Why is Avon so much more dependent on its foreign operations than on its home (U.S.) operations?
- Discuss socioeconomic and demographic changes that could affect Avon.
- How might a global recession, such as the one that began in 2008, impact Avon’s operations?
- What are the major competitive advantages that Avon has? How easily might other companies duplicate these advantages?
- Avon does not sell within the United States in retail establishments (with the exception of kiosks handled by some of its reps). What are the pros and cons of distributing that way?
Minimum of 250 words not plagiarized with cited work.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Review the chapter 20 closing case: Tel-Comm-Tek (TCT). Fully answer at least two of the five questions at the end of the case:
- Which candidate should the committee nominate for the assignment? Why?
- What challenges might each candidate encounter in the position?
- How might TCT go about minimizing the challenges facing each candidate?
- Should TCT offer all candidates the same compensation package? If not, what factors should influence the features of each package?
- Returning the material covered in Chapter 15, specifically that dealing with the idea of a matrix organization, do you see any benefit to appointing two of the individuals described here to the post? Operationally, one individual would be in charge of internal affairs, and the other would manage external affairs. What might be the benefits and problems with this arrangement?