The questions at the end of Chapter 8 are really good questions. Therefore, for DB4 you need to answer the eight (8) Discussion Questions at the end of Chapter 8. Include an explanations of your answers and your opinion/thoughts/suggestions with regards to the topic/issue included in the question.
For Question #3, which is “What categories of professionals are permitted membership on the medical staff?”, research how it is done in Texas so you can add that info to your general answer.
Please do not write one big essay or narrative. I want to see each question and then your work on that question next. Below is an example of what I expect to see regarding the format of your work.
Question #1: Who has ultimate responsibility for decisions about medical staff membership, and why? How should this responsibility be fulfilled?
The Questions from the book:
1. Who has ultimate responsibility for decisions about medical staff
membership, and why? How should this responsibility be fulfilled?
2. What differences are there, if any, between the due process standards
that apply to public hospitals and those that apply to private hospitals?
3. What categories of professionals are permitted membership on the
4. What issues of confidentiality and liability does the hospitals peer
review function present?
5. Explain how the HCQIA establishes an objective reasonableness
requirement rather than a subjective good faith standard for peer
6. What are the medical staff privileges of contract physicians and CAM
and integrative healthcare providers?
7. Research the status of economic credentialing in your state and the
effects of the Baptist Health case and similar decisions.
8. Explain the concept of the ACO and its role in the 2010 health reform