In the last 20 years, many states when faced with increased demand for transportation facilities, have implemented novel congestion pricing strategies.
These strategies include:
*Cordon Pricing, etc.
For this project you are to conduct research, on “congestion pricing strategies”, in the USA.
You are to select a congestion pricing facility, and research pricing, strategies in USA.
You are to select a congestion pricing facility of your choice, and research the answer to the following questions:
1. What type of pricing strategy is used on/by the facility?
2. Is the pricing dynamic or static?
3. How often is the price updated?
4. How is Value of Time (VOT) calculated for this facility? (Plot a graph)
6. What time of day is the price Highest? Lowest?
7. Develop a pricing scheme, which you believe will reduce travel time, for the facility. (Show your analysis, of why, this scheme will work.)
The course book used in our class, is:
1.) Transportation-A Supply Chain Perspective (2011) 7th.Ed., Coyle, Novack, Gibson, Bardi (Required)
ISBN 13-978-0-324-78919-5/ISBN-10-0-324-78919-X. South-Western Cengage Learning
2.) Designing and Managing the Supply Chain. Simchi-Levi (Optional) ISBN 0-07-249256-2, 2nd. Ed.