File APA 7 – Professional Sample Paper – 2020.pdf (502.323 KB)
File APA Sample Formate.docx (21.669 KB)
File Eligible Topics.pdf (124.61 KB)
Each student has to submit an academic essay on one of the topics of the course as part of the course requirements.
The written assignment submitted for credit must follow the general requirements listed below. You can contact me at [email protected] regarding any questions you may have about these requirements or need further information. The last day of submission for the general essay is April 20, 2021 at 4:00pm.
Failure to fulfil these requirements and/or additional specific instructions may lead to having your essay rejected and/or returned to you without grading. If that happens:
1. You will have until 4:00 p.m. the following day to revise the assignment and resubmit it as your second attempt on the blackboard.
2. If you are absent from class when an assignment is returned for revision, you will be notified by email immediately after class that your assignment is returned for revision. In this case you still be bound to resubmit your essay on the next day before 4:00pm unless your absence is excused by the instructor in the light of the semester regulations of the University of Sharjah.
3. The final score on a resubmitted assignment will be reduced by 5% percent of the maximum points available. Example: If an assignment is worth 25 points maximum and the initial score is 23 points, the penalty will be five points. That reduces the final score to 19 points.
4. Resubmitted assignments that again fail to conform to requirements and/or instructions will be returned a second time for revision and resubmission as specified above, this time with a ten percent penalty.
5. Assignments failing to conform to requirements and/or instructions on the second resubmission will receive a zero.
1. All assignments submitted for credit must be your original work
A. This includes text, ideas, images and other graphics, and sounds.
B. When you use anything be it text, ideas, images and other graphics, or sounds created by someone else, you must appropriately cite the original source and provide full reference documentation.
Whenever you quote you must cite the source regardless whether you found the material in published book, on the internet, on television, or on the radio. For more details about academic violations see the Student Handbook 2020-21, chapter VII on the University of Sharjah website.
Label your document according to the following directions:
Upload your draft as a Word document (not a pdf), so we can comment on them easily.
On blackboard, select the “Assignments Then, upload your document to the Assignment folder corresponding to the correct deadline.
Use 14pt font size
Use times roman font style with double spacing between the text.
Make sure any of your paragraphs must not exceed 6 -7 lines.
Make sure your essay must be between 8 to 10 pages.
Make sure your essay must not be plagiarized.
Use the latest edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA). The requirements outlined here differ in some details from the APA manual, but you should follow its general principles.
Keep in mind that professionalism in content and appearance are expected.
Exceptions from APA rules and style
No abstract is necessary.
On a title page Include only the following information, centered on separate lines:
The assignment title in all capital letters.
Course number, section, and name (e.g., Islamic Culture, 1014001, 11E, Your Name: ABC).
On all pages after the title page, omit the paper title in the running head and instead insert your last name. Be sure to keep page numbering.
Maintain single space within notes or references, double space between the general text.
Use endnotes gathered at the end providing complete citations.
For a single-page assignments
No title page or running head.
The following should appear single-spaced and centered at the top of the page:
The assignment title in all capital letters.
Course number, section, and name.
A list of eligible topics is uploaded in the blackboard. Every student should search the list and select a specific topic for his/her essay.
SAMPLE OUTLINE FOR THE ESSAY
Capture readers interest
Build case through logic
Topic sentence/thesis statement
First main point (strongest)
Second main point (second strongest)
Third main point (weakest)
Summarize three main points
Revisit introduction or tie all ideas together