Click here to get an A+ paper at a Discount
The module requires an in-depth analysis of one industry. This should be a revision of the
previous report which has been submitted. The report should not exceed 20 pages of
Arial font, 11 pitch, 1.5 line spacing with 1 inch (2.5cm) margin all around. This limit
should include the main body of the text and all appendices. Contents page and references/
bibliography can be additional to this. If this page count is exceeded, a mark will be awarded
purely on the first 25 pages.
Choose any one industry (or in case of a large industry a business sector). Analyse its business
environment and competitive arena. Assess whether the industry is in a strong position or
A suggested outline for the report could be as follows:
1. Introduction – What is the study trying to achieve? Why did you choose a particular
2. Industry sector – background, size, developments etc. over the past 5 years
A PEST (or similar) analysis: Political, Economic, Social, Technological. Consider
the big issues of the moment and future implications and analyse the effects of the
external environment on the industry.
3. Evaluation of the competitive nature of the industry using Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis.
Identification of 3 – 4 competitors within the industry and their competitive
strategies. Highlight how the remote environment and competitive arena has an
effect on the players within the industry and look at how they have responded to
these external factors.
4. Conclusion – Your analysis of the strength of the industry at the present time and
thoughts for the future success. (N.B. A SWOT analysis is not necessary at this
point as this can form the start of a follow-on project you will be applying strategies
to one particular company within your industry, depending on the MSc programme
5. Appendices – including: – critical evaluation of techniques used
– academic debate on the techniques
– any other data that would spoil the flow of the project
6. References – should be strictly adhered to as shown in
if it were put into the main section.